Listed in topics: Configuration, Features
Comment Settings »Facebook Connect
Facebook Connect is a third-party authenticated login system that can be used in your IntenseDebate comment section. Facebook Connect allows commenters to post comments using their Facebook profile. They also have the option to post comments simultaneously back to their Facebook Account when posting in an IntenseDebate comment section.
Enabling Facebook Connect
- Go to your Comments Settings Page.
- Select the checkbox next to the Facebook Connect option.
This will enable Facebook Connect on your site. You will need to setup an API Key for your Facebook Application and tweak some settings in your Facebook Account.
Connecting↑ Table of Contents ↑
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php and pick a name that suits your website for the Application Name.
2. Select “Agree” for Facebook’s Terms, and then hit the “Create App button”.
3. Select the “Website” tab on the bottom and configure the app.
- Enter your Site URL, which will be in the format: http://example.com/ (make sure you include the trailing slash).
- Enter your Site Domain as: example.com (drop the “http://” and “www.”, along with the trailing slash.
- Hit the “Save Changes” button.
4. Copy your App ID (located at the top) and return to your IntenseDebate Comment Settings. Paste your App ID in the Facebook API Key text field, and save your Settings (located at the bottom of the page).
Troubleshooting↑ Table of Contents ↑
If you’re receiving an error when using Facebook Connect:
- Make sure that your Site URL is set as your full URL. Example: http://example.com/
- Make sure that your Site Domain is configured properly. Example: example.com
- Make sure that you’re using a unique App ID for your IntenseDebate Facebook Connect integration.
- If you are using the Facebook Fanbox widget or Like Button on your blog please read on.
Fanbox & Like Button↑ Table of Contents ↑
Facebook has made it really easy to grab the code as an iframe. This is now an option at http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/.
To access the code, enter the URL of your Facebook page, and hit the “Get Code” button. Then select the first snippet of code and copy it.
Last modified: August 26, 2011 by MK